Date: 27th Nov 2021
L&DCC is not responsible for Third Party websites


Date: 10th April 2021

lLatest ECB Guidance ( also see Bulletin section)

The following Bulletin has been received from the ECB today, Saturday 10 April.,7BL2U,7FYOV1,TPAWV,1

In addition the latest Bulletin from Wales enables Cricket to start there from 26 April.

Following the All Clubs meeting last Tuesday and the latest information, we now set out the current situation in the Liverpool Competition as follows:

1st 2nd X1 and 3rd X1 Saturdays: Fixtures to commence on 24 April (Exact position with three Welsh Clubs to be clarified)

3rd X1 Sunday Fixtures: to start on 23 May

Junior League Fixtures: to start as fixtured in each group with clubs given an option of rearranging early fixtures to play in summer holidays.

Women’s and Girls Fixtures: to start on 9 May (subject to confirmation)

This now leaves us with some crucial issues to be urgently considered by clubs with decisions to be taken at the scheduled Restart Group on 13th April.

  1. No changing rooms – as in 2020, alternative arrangements to be made – Current guidance states “must remain closed” from 12 April.
  2. No Car Sharing – Until an unknown date – responsibility of clubs – League to establish process and criteria in respect of rearranging games if teams not able to get sufficient players to away fixtures (likely to require movement of players to the higher level competing team).
  3. Covid/Self Isolating – Agreed that subject to process and criteria (to be decided) – Clubs not able to field sufficient players due to Covid/Self Isolating requirements  (likely to require movement of players to the higher level competing team)  will be able to rearrange games up to end of August.
  4. Spectators and  Hospitality – no spectators from 12 April but see specific ECB guidance as set out  The Liverpool & District Cricket Competition - Management Bulletins - SPECTATORS and HOSPITALITY - the latest (

In order to fully understand the impact of the above factors (reference more if you wish) on the ability of Clubs to play a full normal season at 1st 2nd and 3rd Team level (Juniors and Women’s and Girls are managed by their sub committees) we urgently need to know your current thinking. We remain committed to enabling a full season of cricket, as far as we can, but need to know your views.

The Restart Group meets on Tuesday 13 April. Our aim is to finalise all outstanding issues at the meeting and communicate out as soon as possible after.  Please can all Clubs forward one representative email to by no later than 6pm on Monday 12 April or if preferred ring John on 07767441978 or Chris Weston on 07977201736. 

Management Committee 10 April 2021

Back to top