Date: 27th Nov 2021
L&DCC is not responsible for Third Party websites


Date: 14th May 2021

Fielding side to start first over of each innings with 10 men on field in memory and in tribute to Josh Downie.


Date Start Time Division Teams Umpire 1 Umpire 2
15th May 2021 12noon Premier Division Bootle vs Northern Peter Crook Steve Edwards
15th May 2021 12noon Premier Division New Brighton vs Formby Stephen Fildes Chris Spencer
15th May 2021 12noon Premier Division Ormskirk vs Wallasey Paddy Brown Lol Watts
15th May 2021 12noon Premier Division Orrell Red Triangle vs Sefton Park Ian Laurence Dave Laybourne
15th May 2021 12noon Premier Division Rainhill vs Leigh Alistair Davies John Farrell
15th May 2021 12noon Premier Division Southport & Birkdale vs Wigan Chris Dunn Craig Parkinson
15th May 2021 12noon Division One Colwyn Bay vs Birkenhead Park Phil Luxon Dave Scrutton
15th May 2021 12noon Division One Liverpool vs Newton-Le-Willows Gareth Townsend Dave Wood
15th May 2021 12noon Division One Northop Hall vs Highfield Norman Edwards Martin James
15th May 2021 12noon Division One Old Xavarians vs Fleetwood Hesketh Jez Clein No umpire available
15th May 2021 12noon Division One Rainford vs Lytham Chris Burns John Lawton
15th May 2021 1pm Division One St Helens Town vs Ainsdale Ian Craven Les Knowles
15th May 2021 12noon Division Two Caldy vs Alder John Bennett John Dickinson
15th May 2021 12noon Division Two Maghull vs Southport Trinity Dave Halewood Ron Morris
15th May 2021 12noon Division Two Norley Hall vs Wavertree Andrew Jones Royal Rajan
15th May 2021 12noon Division Two Prestatyn vs Sutton Arthur Ashley John Pearson
15th May 2021 12noon Division Two Spring View vs Hightown St Mary's Gordon Johnson Chris Williams

2nd XI Round up – Week Four – 15 May

Given the weather that swept across Merseyside last Saturday, there was a lot of cricket played at second level. In the Premier Division, leaders Wallasey eased to a nine wicket victory over Liverpool. The visitors chose to bat and soon found themselves in trouble at 32/6 before Adam Stringer with 73 (his best score and his first fifty since 2016) aided by the lower order. managed to set a target. Openers Miles (56) and Andrew Ward (60 no) made a large dent in the chase before Miles fell to Stringer.

The other winners were Lytham who bettered Orrell RT in a high scoring affair. Ben Mahoney with an unbeaten 100, the main contributor to the Orrell total. Lytham's successful response was built around Ray Baker's 96 not out despite Phil Taberner's six wicket haul.

Southport & Birkdale's last pair defied Formby as they hung on for a draw. Green with an unbeaten 36 after Holliday's 43. Five wickets for Alex Powell. Earlier Tom Simpson with 78 and Booth's 59 added exactly a 100 second wicket stand in Formby's total. Ormskirk, still looking for their first victory, could not force a result against Northern in a game which ended in stalemate. Matthew Wood claimed a second five wicket haul of the season (5/36) for the hosts.

Little play was possible at Newton le Willows which was more that at Sefton Park.

Rainford were victorious in the only game to produce a positive result in Division One. Ben Hemingway with 48 after Noble's 4 for 12 had limited Ainsdale. Colwyn Bay's long trek to Leigh lasted just 25 balls before the game was cancelled. The Bay has triumphed on the previous Sunday when, in a re-arranged game, several players contributed to their declaration of 204. Jamie Moorhouse with 7 for 19 made short work of the Highfield reply.

The two coastal teams, Fleetwood Hesketh and Southport Trinity, beat the weather in Division Two, with victories. Fifties from Fisher and Regan for Hesketh allowed them the declaration. Paul Mullen then took 5 St Helens Town wickets (for 13) who struggled with the bat. A similar result at Trinity who saw Ollie Butler reach 100 with his maiden century before succumbing the next ball. Scott Francis then broke the back of the Parkfield Liscard resistance with 5 for 28. Jamie Tomkins with 53 helped by Alan Mellor (47) for Caldy in a game that ended in a draw at Hightown St Marys with the game evenly poised and which could have produced a decisive result for either side, if an extra half hours play was possible. (RD)


Back to top